Arsenal will face Bayern Munich in the Champions League for the third time in four seasons after being drawn against the German club in the group stage.
Manchester United will play PSV Eindhoven on their return to the competition, with striker Memphis Depay to face to his old club.
Chelsea will play Porto, with whom Jose Mourinho won the competition in 2004.
Manchester City face Serie A’s Juventus, Europa League winners Sevilla and Borussia Monchengladbach.
Each team will play six fixtures in the group stage, with the first match days taking place on 15 and 16 September.
All four English clubs avoided drawing either defending champions Barcelona, or Real Madrid, who have won the European Cup 10 times.
- Group A: Paris St-Germain, Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Malmo
- Group B: PSV Eindhoven, Manchester United, CSKA Moscow, VfL Wolfsburg
- Group C: Benfica, Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray, Astana
- Group D: Juventus, Manchester City, Sevilla, Borussia Monchengladbach
- Group E: Barcelona, Bayer Leverkusen, AS Roma, BATE Borisov
- Group F: Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Olympiakos, Dinamo Zagreb
- Group G: Chelsea, Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Maccabi Tel-Aviv
- Group H: Zenit St Petersburg, Valencia, Olympique Lyon, Gent