Nkoranza | Mother, 6 Months Old Child Perish In Fire

0

Residents of Kasagyan, a suburb of Nkoranza in the Brong Ahafo region were on Monday evening thrown into a state of mourning as a mother and her 6 months old child perished in fire as a result of a gas leakage.

The fire which started around 4:30 pm also destroyed properties such as tv set, refrigerator, gas cylinders, mattresses and furniture.

A freelance journalist, Emmanuel Owusu who spoke to banewsgh.com said the woman left the food she was cooking on a gas burner to attend to an issue outside but she returned to find the whole place in smoke.

He added that the deceased in an attempt to save her child her rushed into the room but unfortunately they both died in the inferno.

Meanwhile, banewsgh.com independent investigations have revealed that the disaster could have been averted if fire personnel have arrived at the scene on time but several calls went unanswered and had to take some individuals to rush to the station to prompt them.

The charred bodies of the deceased have since been deposited at the Nkoranza St. Theresa’s Hospital.