Takoradi | More Than 60 People Injured In Gas Explosion (Update)

0

It has been established that the explosion that sparked the fire early this morning in Takoradi was as a result of a gas leakage.

The fire which started around 7:30 am occurred when workers of Ghana Home Utility Manufacturing Company attempted discharging fuel into a bottle.

It then spread to an Olam depot next door and then to a total filling station which caused a huge explosion hurting several some in the process.

Five personnel of the Ghana Fire Service who were helping to put out the fire also sustained some injuries.

According to the assistant the Western Regional Chief Fire Officer, Obeng Dwamena Dankwa the workers were discharging gas into a bottle when it caught fire.

“We are still investigating the fire but we know they were discharging gas into a bottle at the company. It is not a fuel station, it is a company premises situated between Effia Nkwanta Hospital and Poly junction… The investigation has already started and the people who were discharging the gas will be able to tell us exactly what happened because definitely they were discharging fuel into an installed bottle over there…”

Meanwhile, banewsgh.com checks indicate most of the injured are responding to treatment at the Effia Nkwanta Hospital.

No death was recorded.

Buy Website Traffic